.
.
Let battle commence.
As you can see we (the cats & I) are ready for anything they may throw at us. (Except eu regulations).
"Dickie Towers" has battened down the hatches for the next four nights, whilst those with more money than sense watch it (their money) go up in smoke!
.
The full spectrum of toxic nasties will shower down from firework displays all over the country tonight. Aluminium provides the brilliant whites, antimony sulphide produces the glittering effects, carcinogenic copper compounds produce bright blues, barium nitrate gives off glittering greens but a poisonous smoke that can cause breathing problems and bright red colours are sadly accompanied by strontium which can cause bone disorders. The list of hazards to people, pets and the environment goes on.
.

Bravo, Bravo.
ReplyDeleteAlready I hear the dreaded bangs that I thought were banned, I sincerely hope I don't hear squeals of pain.
The good news here Val is, it's just started to rain....that will dampen things down for a bit.
ReplyDeleteThose brilliant beautiful displays are not so healthy, it seems! I had no idea. I enjoy seeing them when they are put on by people who know what they are doing but I don't like them when they are handled by every neighborhood Tom, Dick and Harry.
ReplyDelete$ nights wow that would grow old. Here we have them for a bit but usually 1 night only. They have them at sporting events and sometimes what a cloud they make that couldn't be good for you. I can't smell them on tv anyway. Thanks for sharing.
ReplyDeleteThat is such a good idea.
ReplyDeleteMy cats used to be terrified of Firework Night & used to hide behind the settee.
Nuts in May
Bravo!! Some sense at last!!
ReplyDeleteI'm surprised cats haven't got together to have it banned.
Did your cats survive the first night? The dog hid under the table. Your emergency measures looked better than mine!
ReplyDeleteOh I like your way of thinking, these nights last are way to many to my liking....:-) Hugs
ReplyDeleteWell, what a surprise!
ReplyDeleteThank you all for dropping in and leaving comments. Please forgive me if I don't address you all individually but the cats did survive and thank you for your concern!
I bought a new duvet a couple of weeks ago and saved the old one for the 'shelter'. Some of you may have read my post on how I made a base to go in the back of the car to slide the organ in.(Sun 13 Sept). That is the base which folds in half to hold up the duvet.
Thanks again for popping over, you are all most welcome.
Cheers.......Bernard
This photo reminds me of something one of my Grand old ladies told me. As a young bride, she was left with 2 small babies when her husband went off to North Africa in WW2. Fearing she would not reach the air raid shelter in time, she said she would turn over the sofa and shelter underneath, grasping her 2 babies to her, as the bombs fell from overhead.
ReplyDeleteShe wouldn't have been the only one to do that Kath. It was a quick alternative like getting under the dining table. My Mother & Gran used to take me under the stairs.
ReplyDeleteWe have been fairly devoid of bangs here!
ReplyDeleteDon't tell Devonshire Dumpling...
ReplyDeleteshe'll be green with envy.
Cheers......Bernard
Awwwww.. I like the fireworks but we get precious few of them banging around here. I think actually I'm a nimby forweworker. I will seek out and enjoy a great display away from home, but anywhere near the village and I get all grumpy about people not thinking about how my ponies will cope with it.
ReplyDeleteHi Foody, Sorry if I'm late responding but I go up & down looking for comments new....and here you are 11Nov....Oh well I'm only one day late. I would prefer to see single displays to which people could go. I suppose we can't ban them completely. It is going to get to the state of NIMBY, I guess.
ReplyDelete