.
Had quite a response to "Puppy-Pie" post yesterday. I knew a few doggie lovers would be on to me like shot. Of course there may be no truth at all in the tale. I can just imagine two hundred years ago, old men sitting in the bar in "Dog and Badger" (a real pub in Medmenham by the way), telling tales and passing on tall stories. I bet some of these tales were brought up the river from London by the bargemen themselves.
So still on the Doggie theme, look what I found.
.

.
They must be Barking Mad.
"Bracknell Police came up with the idea of a 'Doggie Identity Parade'. They thought it was a good way of picking out the dog that bit a woman. They tried to force a woman savaged by a dog to pick out her attacker from a line-up of mutts."
But there is something very wrong about a dog identity parade. What if an innocent pooch were picked out by mistake?
He would have no recourse to explain himself, or give an alibi.
He would not be able to tell police he could not possibly have been in the park on the day in question, because he was locked in the utility room for making a mess on the carpet.
"In their ultimate wisdom, Bracknell Police decided on the canine collection to confirm the identity of this ladies attacker after the dog was returned to its owner.
The woman, who had to have 65 stitches after the attack and was in hospital for four days, said the identification parade was "totally ridiculous"......."
I’m not sure of the exact circumstances surrounding which dogs were included in the line up, but judging from the victim’s reaction, I’m guessing it was more a case of six different breeds rather than six dogs of the same breed. Which seems utterly ludicrous.
What’s next? A parade of cats to find which one defecated on next door’s lawn?
A line up of rabbits to identify who chewed the curtains?
Something to keep you smiling.....
I am a bunny rabbit,
Sitting in me hutch,
I like to sit up this end,
I don’t care for that end much.
I’m glad tomorrow’s Thursday,
’Cause with a bit of luck,
As far as I remember,
That’s the day they pass the buck!
.

I don't know about puppy pie, but my Nan told me she saw very suspicious "rabbits" for sale during the war. Apparently, once the kidneys are removed, (due to their position in a rabbits body), it was impossible to tell that the skinless carcass was in fact feline!
ReplyDeleteWhilst reading this I pawsed for thought, doggy identity parade?
ReplyDeleteBarking mad. I calls it!
Oh Ho Ho, love it!OMG can you imagine a goose parade to find the one that goosed you or made you look a silly goose? Like a Greyhound, this could run and run.
ReplyDeleteI heard a similar story, Kath, from a Czech friend I knew. He remembers his pet cat going AWOL during the last war and he remembers having 'rabbit' for dinner the following Sunday??
ReplyDeleteHi Annette, Yes, it was all a bit silly. I still don't know what the outcome was, and if they found the guilty dog.
Hi Liz, The thought gives me goose-pimples! (or is it goose-bumps in Australia?)
Bernard your comment to Liz reminds me of a giggle we had with my Dutch Sister in law at a family wedding. As the bride glided towards us looking all vurignal and lovely, Anja turned to me and said "She looks so beautiful, she is giving me chicken pox". After many giggles and alternative translations we realised she meant the brides beauty had given Anja "goose pimples" :D
ReplyDelete