Tuesday, 10 November 2009

"Four Walls do not a Prison Make"

.
Don’t have too much time this morning for a long blog….
It’s the second Tuesday in the month and that means one thing.

But before I go, I noticed that……


“So it's a little wonky in places and some of the blocks don't quite line up, but I like it.”

.
.
2) And Pam Ayres says:-
I am a Dry Stone Waller,
All day I Dry Stone Wall
Of all appalling callings,
Dry Stone Walling’s,
Worst of all.

3) And of course yesterday:-

The events of 9 November 1989, in which East Berliners streamed across the wall that held them captive for nearly three decades, changed the face of Europe and the course of history.

And still on the subjects of building and rebuilding it came of no surprise to me to read:-

"The day of reckoning is nigh. The country has a choice. Start the process of rebuilding under the Conservatives or continue the current slide towards oblivion...."

Well, after events last week, we can't rebuild our country if it isn't ours anymore. Until the eu issue is resolved, nothing else matters.
Without liberty, we have nothing.

4) And after all this serious stuff I feel like finishing on a silly note.

Two little pigs sat under a wall
The wall fell down and killed them all.
Two got up and ran away,
A blind man came and saw fair play.
Two dead donkeys passing by,
Hit the blind man in the eye.
Knocked him over a nine-inch wall
Into a dry ditch and drowned them all.
.
I'm off to Thame now.....hope you all have a nice day.
.


6 comments:

  1. hee hee, thanks for my pic! Nothing like a brawny builder to start one's day :D
    I can remember the "wall" coming donw very vividly, as my son was born in the July 1989. I kept a newspaper for him and that started a collection of material relating to each year of his life. We have filled an archive box with anything interesting or relevant that went on during that year, including a newsaper from his birthday each year. I have stopped now he is 20 and I am wondering when he will be interested to view his 20 boxes! I'd have loved something like that. Thanks for my pic bernard!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Twenty boxes of cuttings....he'll have enough to write his life story.
    I hope you didn't think I was being critical of your 'wonky blocks'?
    Come to mention it, I thought it was perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your post was a mixture of humour and thoughtfulness. A great mix so necessary whilst we wait for verdicts and stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Goodness No Bernard, I was the one who called them wonky after all :D I'm no great lover of perfection..I prefer a handmade treasure to one made in a factory :D
    Re the boxes, I'm hoping one day he will enjoy their contents, maybe when he is in his dotage? I would find it fascinating if someone had collected all that stuff while I was growing up.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I find it sad that so many lives were lost for our freedom and now those freedoms are just being eroded away!

    I did co-coincidently do another wall post today, it is a bit more inspirational that walls as barriers!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Val, I got it a bit wrong at the start though. Only those who had read Kath's post would had understood what the link was. Never mind.

    That's very true Kath. Hand knitting has far more character than machine items. Do you know I still have 'Woolly Pulleys' that my mother knitted for me thirty years ago.
    Sentimental value I suppose.

    Hi Cherie, It's true. Every day I read about another freedom eroded.
    Will nip over to have another read.

    Cheers all........Bernard

    ReplyDelete