Oh Bernard, how kind and thoughtful! I'm feeling absolutely fine between you and me :D As far as Husband and son are concerned, I shall need a long convalescence with lots of spoiling, sneaky eh? hee hee
It didn't seem that long ago that I was out in the sun taking that shot. Time seems to go so much quicker as you get older. The rose is 'Peace'.....just what the world needs, don't you think?
A retired Mechanical Engineer living on the edge of the beautiful Chilterns, with an interest in things Musical. An Organ Grinder, without a real Monkey;.. but I do have a large collection of old sheet music which I enjoy playing and if possible arranging some of it for my little home-built, 26 note organ.
Baby Hedgehogs
-
Last Tuesday evening my neighbour, Jackie brought her Scottie and Jack
Russell for a walk up the lane past my house as she often did. She walked a
few...
The Potato Diet
-
Well ... did anyone see *it* last night? No. Thought not. if you want to
lose weight quickly for any reason - to fit better in that special dress is
favo...
Sunshine
-
A beautiful day here so off we go to get just the one geocache, as this is
a leap year there is a souvenir to be had if you find a geocache over the
weeken...
Merry Christmas One And All!
-
Dear Friends,
I am so, so sorry not to have blogged all year (I think). That isn't to say
I haven't thought about it and thought of all my Blogland frien...
BLACKBERRY FARM, AGAIN
-
I've finished the next batch of cat blankets for the RSPCA and will take
them to Quainton in a day or two. I'm gradually getting through my crate of
wool ...
Miss Meconopsis
-
I just have to post this pic - to introduce my visitor for the first time
ever in my garden - bought at the Malvern Show 2 years back and grown on in
a ce...
13 years ago
Save English Marriage
The state should get out of marriage completely. Offer Civil Partnerships to everybody who wants their relationship to be recognised for tax and other civil purposes, but leave it to others to "marry" people.
"Britain's top animal disease scientists have launched a devastating attack on the government's "mindless" badger cull, accusing ministers of failing to tell the truth and demanding the immediate abandonment of the killings. Even the government's own chief scientist has refused to back the killings."
Good News
Badger Cull Postponed
Hot off the Press
Back in the Seventies, just before we joined the Common Market, as the EU was called back then, The Who wrote that great song, "Won't get fooled again".
But in the last 40 years, we've been fooled time and time again. We were told our membership of Europe was about trade and opening up markets to British goods.
Instead we got political interference, endless rules and regulations, our fish stocks plundered and foreign criminals claiming the 'right to a family life' in Britain.
‘History shows that any power having an inflated ego usually ends badly’
Guess who?
John Smith
Just thinking aloud.
Norway and Switzerland - outside the EU - are the wealthiest countries in Europe. We aren't ... because we are paying £48 million a day into the EU, plus wasting money complying with their regulations; propping up the Euro and everything else. That will be going up to £60 millon a day in a year or so. Money well spent? Hah. We might just as well burn it.
Oh Bernard, how kind and thoughtful! I'm feeling absolutely fine between you and me :D
ReplyDeleteAs far as Husband and son are concerned, I shall need a long convalescence with lots of spoiling, sneaky eh? hee hee
They are beautiful :-)
ReplyDeleteLove those flowers.
ReplyDeleteCan you keep it rolling until Boxing Day Kath?
ReplyDeleteIs it Peace, Bernard? Very pretty.
You know GB, I can feel a relapse coming on hee hee, or should it be ho ho ho!
ReplyDeleteIt didn't seem that long ago that I was out in the sun taking that shot.
ReplyDeleteTime seems to go so much quicker as you get older.
The rose is 'Peace'.....just what the world needs, don't you think?