.
Some months ago I was reading the blog of a charming young lady who was always trying to reduce the size of her……well, how shall I put it?…upper legs.
From now on there is no need to worry my friend.
“Women with skinny model-like thighs have a higher risk of heart disease and premature death than those with an average build.” a study claims!
(Where would we be without all these studies?)
.

.
Researchers found that people with a thigh circumference less than 24 inches (60cm) are more likely to develop coronary disease and die early than those with more chunky thighs.
(Their words, not mine)
However, the study, published in the British Medical Journal, also concluded that “Once you get above the 24 ins limit, there was no major benefit in having even wider legs.”
I beg your pardon, did I read that right?
Yes, it was what they said!
And see, I even have some sheet music.......
.

.
And then they went on to say:-
“The relationship between thigh size and early death and disease was even found after taking body fat and other high risk factors, such as smoking and high cholesterol, into account.”
The authors therefore suggest “That the risk from narrow thighs could be associated with too little muscle mass in the region.”
“This is problematic because it may lead to low insulin sensitivity and type 2 diabetes and, in the long run, heart disease,” they explain.
And what was the headline….
Thunder thighs could protect against heart disease and early death.
A cheeky picture for......someone's hubby!
.

.
And I think....a little dittie...
There was a young lady from Cheadle
Who sat down in church on a needle
Though deeply embedded
'twas happily threaded
And she had it removed by the Beadle !
.

There's a slim woman inside me, crying to get out...but I can ususally shut her up with cookies. And yes, he loved the picture!
ReplyDeleteI wondered if that was written for me.
ReplyDeleteThing is, I am a small person so even when they are fat (for me) they are still way under 24. I would hardly be able to walk if they were 24. In that snow picture they wouldn't have been more than 22 at the most, and I scream if they get to that. (Baggy leggings in picture, see?) So I'm at risk blah blah blah, loads of need to worry, so as I'm never going to be 24 I'll just have to live a life of risk anyway so may as well carry on doing what I'm doing.
So now you know a bit more about the Chicken.
Gosh!Who's measuring?!As long as your happy,healthy and enjoying your chocolate why worry?
ReplyDeleteTSO maintains uncovered bits of bodies are sometimes so tacky.The piccie would get his vote!
Intrigued by the Daily Mail pantomime song. Now I'm surprised that esteemed organ hasn't come up with a 2009 version...
ReplyDeleteHi Kath, so you guessed that picture was for...your 'Home Hub'? He,he,he.
ReplyDeleteHi Foody........I'm not saying it was and I'm not saying it wasn't.
These measurements mean nothing to me. I didn't even know that ladies ran tape measures AROUND a leg. Inside leg and waist maybe.
A 'Chicken Thigh' in a baggy legging!!
Sounds like cookery...similar to a 'Beef Wellington' eh?
Healthy, happy and enjoying chocolate.....can't argue with that Liz. Who's TSO by the way?
Hello Maddie, Nice of you to drop in.
I collect old sheet music and my favourites are these old comic songs. This one is from 1929 and was I expect sponsored by the Daily Mail or perhaps it was the winner of a competition? I'll put up a few more details tomorrow although it might be more appropriate after the festive season!
Thanks all....cheers Bernard
Sounds like me I have been struggled to get a result with my diet - for the last couple of years ;-)
ReplyDeleteHave you been at those "Naughty" cakes again?
ReplyDelete