Wednesday, 9 December 2009

I don't want to boar you but...

.
Broadband went down this morning right in the middle of my early morning blogging.
Went through all the usual checks and then ended on BT helpline. Put on hold whilst they told me how important my call was to them! Yes, only if I am paying for the call.....which used to be the case. It was an 0845 number but has now been changed to a free 0800. And so it should be as I got tired of waiting after 10 minutes and gave up.
Well, I was all out of routine so I decided to go up to ASDA for an early start and at least get half the weekly shop out of the way. (I do the other half at Sainsbury).

When I got back it was on again but I've forgotten what I was writing about, so I shall have to call on Gert and Daisy for a joke.....take it away girls.
.
.
Daisy was chatting over the gate to her very best friend Gertrude and told her about the goings on at the weekend.
It appeared the farmer asked his 8 year old son to take Daisy to the farm at the other side of the village where they had a ‘ready and willing’ boar.
On the way they met the vicar.
“Where are you going?” he said to the boy.
“I’m taking the sow to the boar, vicar.”
“Couldn’t your father or elder brother do it, or ....can I help?”
“No, sorry vicar.”
“It has to be the boar.”
.
I suppose I should post up the Boar's Head Carol, but I think as I'm in a rush I'll give it a miss.
.

9 comments:

  1. Brilliant joke. I think I'll put that in one of my Christmas crackers as well. Thank you!
    Why half Asda, half Sainsbury's?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Foody, Well as the lady said when she backed into the bacon slicer...
    "I've got a little bit behind today!"
    'Fraid I have commented on your cork article as I only had time to read everyone's latest. I see I have another to read in a minute.
    I thought you might like a farm joke.
    Supermarkets are not my favourite place. Rush in, rush around, rush out and rush home. I miss things the first time so add them to the list for the action replay. I find it best to return to a different shop as you get the best of all the things on offer. Did you see in the news, ASDA were selling a WHOLE salmon for £3!
    They were frozen & I think Canadian and 'pink'...but who cares? I not colour prejudiced.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nothing worse than "Bloggus Interruptus" Bernard! You were right about Mrs N's song, she is a Yorkshire lass. For me you can't beat Do ye ken John Peel...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Like Foody, I'm not at all keen on 'Blood sports' so I have tended to give all hunting songs a miss. It is a shame as there are many, many good rousing, galloping tunes.
    Cheers.....Bernard

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wondered why half Asda???
    Asda has some great bargains at the moment.
    LOL]

    ReplyDelete
  6. It does Annette; This morning I bought a box of 12 mince-pies for a pound! How 'deep-filled' they are, remains to be seen, but I always start at ASDA for my basics. I tend to get nicer wines at Sainsburys and my cats love Sainsburys own brand cat food. (sorry Tiger).

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hate it when the internet spoils one of my good trains of thought!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those mince pies were a bargain!!!Hope they turn out to be 'deep and crisp and even'
    Glad to hear you're against blood sports Bernard and don't post hunting songs etc.
    Hope you're buying your McLaren Vale wines at Sainsburys and if so would be interested to know which ones!

    ReplyDelete
  9. And they do seem to pick on your site quite a lot Cherie.

    Hi Liz, Sainsburys were 6 for a £1, so ASDA were cheap....but I say you only get what you pay for!..although perhaps a 'lost leader' to get you in there. I did notice that they had put 50p on a bottle of Gin, just in time for Christmas, hoping people wouldn't notice. I afraid I haven't bought any Australian wine for some time now. It tends to be Californian and Italian. I expect I'll change again when I tire of it.

    ReplyDelete