.
That wasn't a very good picture of the sheet music on Tuesday...difficult to read the small print.
I have tried to blow up the text parts. It's about an 18-day diet from Hollywood in 1929.
.
.
This song was claimed to be "The Greatest Novelty Hit" since "Yes, we have No Bananas".
Fancy writing a song today about a diet.
.
.
Monday, grapefruit, breakfast and for dinner,
And at night some orange juice.
Tuesday, grapefruit, boys I'm growing thinner,
All my clothes are getting loose.
Wednesday, Thursday, I feel satisfied,
Then I change to coffee,
with grapefruit on the side;
Friday till Sunday is more than I can stand,
Before the eighteenth day,
I'll have a lily in my hand!
My wife is on a Diet, and since she's on a Diet,
Home isn't home anymore.
No gravy and po-TAH-toes,
Just lettuce and tomatoes,
Where are the pies I adore?
Oh! oh! oh! oh! What a disgrace,
I'm ashamed to look a grapefruit straight in the face.
My wife is on a diet,
And since she's on a Diet,
I'm loosing a pound every day.
.

I read from the paper out loud to my Husband, it says here "Curves are back in fashion". "Well, in my opinion" says my Gallant Knight, "they have never been OUT of fashion."
ReplyDeleteDo you see now, why I married him :D
Ahhhh, but in 1929 the fashion was for ladies to be flat fronted and straight sided, so my mother told me.
ReplyDeleteShe said she was always 'out of fashion' because she was all curves!
Yes, I remember Thoroughly Modern Millie, trying to adjust her beads to lay flat,over her lady-bumps. Then she bought the appropriate undies and the beads hung straight down in a well behaved fashion. Was that Julie Andrews?
ReplyDeleteWho wants to look like a boy? I do remember my Aunt eating grapefruit morning,noon and night.She, no matter what, could ever make herself look boyish desite having the hips and waist of a lithe ten year old. Her bessums were enormous!!
ReplyDeleteI can't comment on Millie Kath. I know the song, but was it from a show or film. 'Fraid I didn't see it.
ReplyDeleteI want to look like a boy Liz!
I'm coming out in all the wrong places as I get older!
I've learnt two (or is it three) new words this morning.....'lady-bumps' and 'bessums'. I thought bessums were what witches rode on?