Thursday, 19 November 2009

"Belgian girls of vast proportions!"

.
.
THE Belgian politician poised to become president of Europe was last night dismissed as a clown.

Herman Van Rompuy faced a massive surge of opposition as other leaders began the task of rubber-stamping his elevation to the powerful new job of leading the entire eu.

Don't laugh yet! There's still a chance Blair might get it.

So the eu will at last have the supreme government it has wanted so long – unelected, unaccountable and, as even its own polls show, less popular with those it rules over than ever before. But what do the politicians care? They have the power, and we now have a government we can never dismiss.

But 65 years ago we did not despair.
Where there is life there is hope...my Granny used to say.
.
.
There'll be bluebirds over,
The white cliffs of Dover,
Tomorrow, just you wait and see.
There'll be love and laughter,
And peace ever after,
Tomorrow when the world is free.
.
.
I can add a few more verses (in jest of course)

There’ll be Swedes of charmless candour
Coming over to philander,
Spreading Left-Wing propaganda,
About wealth.
Belgian girls of vast proportions,
Who have failed to take precautions,
Driving over for abortions
On the Health.

There’ll be Spanish senoritas,
Jamming all our parking meters
With their miserable pesetas,
Don’t you know!
While Senoras do the Samba,
Shouting ”vamos” and “caramba!”
And believing that the amber
Light means go.

There’ll be men from Lithuania,
From Rumania and Albania,
From Tasmania and Pennsylvania,
I’ve no doubt.
So, dear immigration panel,
No more P.C. no more flannel.
Please protect our English channel,
And keep them out!
.


8 comments:

  1. Having seen the long, demoralising struggle my son had to find a job this year, I have to agree with these sentiments, altho Husband says he rather likes the sound of the big Belgian girls :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very witty verses :-) The thought of the EU though, is very depressing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You especially have to watch those men from Tasmania although a bit of their subversion might help in geting rid of the EU the populace voted in all those years ago.
    Nice ditty Bernard!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Kath, Yes it must be struggle for many.(Including Devon Dumpling)
    Does Hubby read my blog then?

    Those verses, Cherie, were sent to a newspaper twenty odd years ago during earlier eu negotiations. No-one knows the author though.

    Hi Liz, As I said to Cherie, they are just part of a much longer verse I found in an old newspaper under 'Letters to Ed'.
    I may put up a few more another day.

    Thanks all......Bernard

    ReplyDelete
  5. Did someone mention moi?

    Glad Herman Rumpty-Dumpty (aka "who???) is in as it means Blair is out - the curse of Comrade Brown struck again as he endorsed Blair didn't he.

    Nice lyrics, btw.You play it and I'll sing it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. In answer to your question Bernard- only when there is a mention of lingerie or busty belgian girls and then only with adult supervision ha ha

    ReplyDelete
  7. I must say one thing in favour of the EU, or rather, their traning fund, which provided money for my local college to offer the NVQ free of charge to qualifying students (have lived in the EU for the past three years).

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi DD, I gave you a little mention.
    Did you vote for Humpy von Dumpy then? Come to think of who did?
    Playing it low key...only a chairman!

    OK Kath, I'll make a note of that..to boost my following!
    I'm glad about eu funding, but... I think you may find that for every £100 Britain pays in, we only get £50 back!

    ReplyDelete