Saturday, 7 November 2009

Rattle Snakes & Naughty Cakes

.
.
"Postal Workers struggle to clear Backlog!"


Comments;

I would like to thank everybody for the comments left here. They are much appreciated and in many ways are a more interesting read that my original post.
They represent differing views, many of which I had never thought of.
I also wanted to apologise if I have missed any comments on older posts. I do go back several days and look through them but some could be overlooked. Sorry.
I visited one blog, not on my list I might add, that had received 59 comments!
A quick click showed that the majority were of the type “Great post”, which is really a way of saying “I have called in and have no meaningful comment”.
So I am grateful for not having elicited any of this type.

A number of times this week, on reading other blogs from my list on the right, I have commented and wanted to include a picture. Of course, there is no way of doing this in the comment box, but I can do it here.

Somewhere, this week I read about ‘rattle snakes’ and somewhere else about ‘naughty cakes’ and straight away I remembered that somewhere lurking on my hard drive I had something both appropriate, and amusing bits to associate with these posts.

So for Jan at Cosumne Gal ….
.
.
So Jan, ......"If you can't beat 'em, ....eat 'em!"

And for Cherry Pie
.
.
"Naughty Cakes?"
.

12 comments:

  1. Cherry Pie is going to LOVE that pic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great Post, Bernard!
    Like you I prefer constructive or chatty comments and usually get them. One thing that bothers me though are the picture blogs. There's not much else to say to the umpteenth picture of a sparrow.
    I hope Cherry Pie liked the cakes, it was definitely a well-baked picture.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, I want a pic too!
    I like it that we can enter a kind of "chat" with you and with your other visitors. I always find something interesting here, that provokes a response.Do think about having email alerts sent to you, when you get a comment. Your email address is not revealed, as it is all behind the scenes. Folks leave a comment in the usual way and you won't miss any.

    ReplyDelete
  4. At the moment Val, I spend as much time giving chatty responses to chatty comments... as I do leaving comments on other sites! I enjoy it all though. Picture blogs are a bit like sitting through a 'Holiday Slide Show'....yawn. yawn! Each to his/her own I say.

    You haven't escaped yet Kath! I shall find a picture for everyone, in time.
    They have to tie in with something you say on your blog...I'm watching.
    E-male alert eh! Oh, I don't know. Doesn't it clutter up your in box?
    You must spend hours sorting out real mail & then deleting old mail from google.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hmm, I don't spend any extra time... When I get an email telling me I have a "comment", I can open it or not, the comment is within the email, so I don't have to make a separate "trip" to my Blog to read messages.
    It would certainly save you time, if you are having to trawl your Blog posts looking for new comments?
    As for deleting, I don't tend to delete anything, I'm not sure why I would want to. I can see which emails I've read and once read, I can just ignore them. I have a bad memory, so I quite like to be able to refer back to what someone may have said to me.
    You could always try it and if it dosen't work for you, just change back again. You might become a convert :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. We used to have a neighbor who ate the rattlesnakes he found in his yard, and that was a lot because there was a den nearby. Those snakes stayed on the south side of the busy highway that cuts through our neighborhood. I live on the north side. He offered us some snake meat, but I was never that hungry and somehow my curiosity didn't extend that far, either.

    I like pictures of people's houses and yards and the countryside. It's like a free vacation. And I love reading comments because then you get to know even more folks. I don't like Facebook, though. Two line comments like "I'm making dinner now. Yum." don't tell me anything.

    So keep up the good work and let me know how your rattlesnake pie, or soup, or whatever, turns out.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So now I'm getting hungry! Rattlesnake? Bleck.

    Tonight I'll be making English Pancakes - yes, for dinner.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those are very naughty cakes in more ways than one ;-)

    Can't comment if the pic looks like me :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice buns Bernard!My partner tells me he once..no, perhaps not.
    Rattlesnakes to eat hey? Well everyone likes something.How do you stop the rattles getting stuck in your teeth?
    Around our way it's hot and the snakes are lying around like elongated, mobile solar panels.None edible though but very toxic.
    Have a fun w/e, all can return to normal now 5th is over and the cats can relax and get back to ordering the staff around.
    Always enjoy your posts Bernard, wouldn't miss them.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for that Kath, but I'm think I may stay 'sitting on the fence' for a bit longer. Too complicated.

    Jan, I shall try to include some more posts on the countryside and homes for you. That was not my tin of smoked rattle snake, by the way...I put it up for a laugh.

    You haven't tried eating snake then Deb?...Nor me....I'll join you in preferring English pancakes.
    I trust they get topped with castor sugar and a squeeze of lemon.

    Cherie, that picture wasn't meant to be you! It came to my mind when you mentioned "Naughty Cakes".
    I thought how appropriate?

    Hi Liz, we have two nights to go on the firework front. When it rains people just put it off 'till the next night. Glad to hear you enjoy my ramblings.....I expect I shall 'dry-up' eventually.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh no. Gobs of melting butter and then sprinkled with sugar. We roll them up like crepes. My dad's mom used to pile them in layers and cut them like a cake.

    ReplyDelete