Saturday, 14 November 2009

The Things you Read on the Back

.
.
I wasn't sure about a theme for today, apart from the weather.
I'm off to a Garden Centre to help out with a bit of organ grinding and I'm told Father Christmas is arriving today and they want us to play appropriate music!

I think the above should suit!

Poor old Kath has gone off to Glastonbury Carnival for the weekend. It sounds as if the event may be a washout. I think she said she was staying in her caravan.......I only hope it doesn't get blown over.
Perhaps more appropriate music!
.
.
I think today I will include a couple of postcards from my collection.
The fronts are nice.....but the the things you read on the back!!!
.
.
Dear Ma, when you open this postcard
You will see all the news I’ve not got.
I’m not living here, I removed there last year,
So come round and see where I’m not!
.
.
Dear Liz, if you don’t get this message,
Please answer at once and I’ll know,
My sister’s got wed, our little dog’s dead,
And I hope you’re the same….. Darling Joe.
.

9 comments:

  1. Yes, very funny.
    I hope you enjoy it at the garden centre.
    There's nothing like meeting santa, is there!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great little ditties, Bernard. Hope you remembered to take your Christmas present list for Santa to see.
    Weather is so bad here it stopped hubs and me going out for our Saturday nosh.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Are you sure it is Christmas so soon?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Santa arriving so soon!Come to think of it he arrived here on Saturday in a big flurry,not of snow but heat.Hope he had an airconditioned suit as he follows up the parade which takes at least an hour to pass.Poor Santa he didn't get a proper organ grinder though.
    The last postcard has not passed unnoticed, very droll!I've been collecting all my life,not seriously in a big way just a little sideline activity.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good morning all.
    Yes, thank you Annette, despite the bad weather, we had a good day.

    Glad you liked them Val. Of course I don't write ditties.....they all come out of my book collections.

    Cherie, I couldn't believe it when Dennis told me the date for this 'grind'! I said "Are you sure you have the right date?"
    He rang the Garden Centre to check!

    Hi Liz, do they have snowmen and things like that in your parades?
    And did he arrive on a sleigh?
    Glad you noticed that card. That is why I added it to my collection. I prefer the humorous cards.

    Thanks all.....Bernard
    PS The sun has just come out...Val can now go out for Sunday Lunch!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You bet, they have snowmen and women, Santa arrives on a huge sleigh with rheindeers and dismounts to go into his Magic Cave for the duration of the Christmas season where he is available to hear childrens' requests.This has been going on since the 1930's when the origianl store owner though it might cheer everyone up during the depression.These days we have some floats with Aussie themes as well as the Nursery Rhymes, Legends and Fairy tales.Everyone honours 'the blue line' which is a paint line on the roads over which we must not go!An Institution and much loved by generations.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Snow women! How very PC!
    I always wondered about Christmas cards with snow scenes, trees and fairy lights? Of course the lights would be no good if it doesn't get dark till late.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh I love that little pic, it loks very romantic. I must say i have slept in that van through worse. When we were roaming Ireland, we camped at the top of a cliff on the South coast somewhere. I didnt sleep a wink all night, I was terrified we would blow over the edge! Lucky our van now lives in an Orchard, which is very sheltered, so no such nightmares nowdays :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Glad you liked it.
    Winds would always make me feel unsafe in a 'van. My parents had one down in Honiton, Devon. Many happy days.

    ReplyDelete