.
.
Now here's a fine old favourite song of mine. Actually, fruit and vegetables feature in quite a lot of early songs. I had thought of doing a single post but it ended up being too long!
I have songs on Marrows, onions, cabbages, carrots and even rhubarb!
Reading the news it appears that a pensioner has not only found a straight banana, but a double straight banana.
.

.
And an old Edwardian post card.
.
.
I'm not sure I get the joke though.
.

Trust a pensioner to find a bargain! xx
ReplyDeleteNow that's what I call news. Not all this politics blah and celebrity blah.
ReplyDeleteTalking of bananas, have you tried the mashed banana and peanut butter combo yet? Once I suggested it, I had a hankering for it myself and guess what I ate for lunch yesterday!
ReplyDeleteMrs S: I expect he was like me...raking around to get the best value for money. I saw a chap yesterday trying to snap the stalk of some broccoli so he didn't have to pay as much. What he didn't notice was that each piece was 50p anyway! LOL
ReplyDelete"Foody-News" is always news here!
I don't do too much politics & celebs. news.... do I?
Kath, I haven't.
I took Foodys advice and eat it off the knife!
"Don't put the knife in you mouth." mother was always telling us.
It tastes much better off a knife and it's ALL gone now!
Think of those calories.
Bananas for lunch!?!
You'd better hurry up and get that kitchen finished.....I had hot home made soup.....mushroom this time.
That banana looks a bit genetically modified!
ReplyDeleteWhow this banana must have got through the EU Regs or is it ok now that cucumbers can be curved?
ReplyDeleteComing from a place that is far away from, but on the same Continent as the place the bananabenders live we often see doublers.They were highly prized when we were kids especially mashed up with cream and brown sugar.
I never thought of that Cherie.
ReplyDeleteI bet you're right.
Hi Liz: I think they have now relaxed the rules on Bananas and Cucumbers as the farmers were rejecting and throwing away SO much good food simply because of the shape!
You better tell Kath about cream & brown sugar...she loves banana sandwiches.
In my long life, I've never seen two bananas in one. Like Cherie, I don't think it's natural.
ReplyDeleteClaudia, it's a first for me also. One reason we may not get to see them is that they may be sorted out as they are picked/packed/shipped.
ReplyDelete