Thursday, 14 January 2010

I'm Staggered


LOST: One Niece, answers to the name of Kath.
.
An awful lot of people put an awful lot of effort in writing and posting up their blogs.
I have come across some extremely interesting and well written ones but do you know they end up with just a few followers and hardly ever a comment.
Then, on the other hand I came across a blog with 874 followers and a mere 47 comments against the last post which had simply described what she carried around in her handbag!
A funny old world.......but it's called 'supply and demand'

So what do we find in this mornings papers?

A woman who records her sleep-talking husbands bizarre pillow talk in a blog has become an internet hit.
In her 'Sleep Talkin Man' blog, Karen Slavick-Lennard says that her mild-mannered husband Adam lives a colourful existence in his dreams.
In the last five days alone, over half a million people from over 50 different countries have read the blog.

His efforts this week include:

"Oompa loompas don't sing in heaven. They tidy up the clouds"
"My vision of hell is a lentil casserole."
"Avocados? You can shove them up your --- as well."

Half a million people!!!....in five days!!!! (and no I'm not jealous, just staggered)

And what do I get up to in my sleep?
.
.
Yes, I'm afraid it's another silly song from 1927.

I wonder, I wonder, I wonder,
I wonder how I look when I’m asleep.
I wonder, I wonder, I wonder,
How do I look when I’m in slumber deep?
Oh tell me, oh tell me, oh tell me,
Please tell me do I smile or do I weep?
I should lay down to rest
With a camera on my chest,
And find out how I look when I’m asleep!



Wesley knows what he looks like.
He can see his reflection in my breadmaker.
.
.
Ahhhhh....the smell of warm bread.
.

21 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hear of these oompa loompas but what are they? I suspect the hubby has started to pull her leg.
    Lovely photo.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also find the follower system bewildering. 800+ followers must say something about the blogger but I can't think what. As you rightly say some of the most interesting gets fewer comment which must say something about the followers themselves.
    I'd hate to think what I looked like when I'm asleep.... grins

    ReplyDelete
  4. Phew! I'm back Uncle B, I sussed it out all on my lonesome too, without having to turn to the IT guru (Husband) and suffer his eye rolling and tutting!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Welcome back, Kath - where did you go? Anything to get sole attention from our adopted Uncle isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes, and sister keeps saying I can stay there for a free holiday anytime I like and get to see more of the countryside. But I may not....I'm hooked on Dorset at the moment.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm getting out of order with comments today. Perhaps I should wait until 6 o'clock and read them all in one go.
    Foody: I was hoping somebody was going to tell me what they are!

    Val: Actually the comments aren't real comments...they are just leaving a calling card so to speak. Silly song title isn't it?

    Kath: Well done. Mind you...You are still missing on other blogs.
    Your profile doesn't show how many 'Uncles' you follow?

    Hi DD,
    That sounds a bit like that TV program "Hi D Hi".
    We don't know what happened, her little 'follower pic' floated off into the blogosphere!

    ReplyDelete
  9. All very good stuff as usual. You, unlike me improve with age. Have a 'heavy' blog Saturday if you're interested. 'Whats it all bout, Alfie.' Interesting, this numbers game. some get very worked up about it. Mind you, I read many blogs that deserve a wider audiencew. Though not many of the 'professional' ones.

    ReplyDelete
  10. There is a rather sad truth about blogging and it is this: I used to get up to 100 comments on my main blog (nicely polished my ego too) with literally a thousand poeople visit my FEKENHAM TALES on a weekly basis. When I became too busy to reciprocate a large lump of followers dried up. This back scratching, natural enough, is what keeps a blog alive. I have been negligent in my visits and so my 'friends' have either closed up shop or think I no longer blog.

    still fun though!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ken: Thanks for your kind comments. I have you on the right there under my daily visit list and will of course pop over for a read.
    I haven't been adding to your already large number of comments (39) recently...you will have your time cut out answering all those already.
    I prefer, as do a lot of people, to comment when I have something constructive to say.

    Exactly right CJ.
    And thank you for adding yourself to my list of scratchers!
    I like very much the pally nature of this blogging. I don't think I could spend the time to respond meaningfully to more than , say, twenty comments. I'm not after numbers. Quality before quantity any day. If I'm in a hurry, I sometimes resort to 'group' thank you, and leave it at that.
    I notice on some blogs (not present company) that the comment is "Nice post" or "Good pictures".
    Just a way of saying "Look I've been here an read you latest".
    Of course none of this applies to our little group here!
    I think if I haven't got the time to respond I will say so....people understand.
    Oh yes, good fun.

    ReplyDelete
  12. My daughter when a small child announced in her sleep one night that crumpets had holes but it wasn't worthy of a blog.
    Funny thing the blog and the etiquette that goes with it.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love that song. I wish I had the notes. Maybe Google will print it, or eBay will sell it. And the cat sleeping in front of the mirror made me laugh. I would have a nightmare, that nobody would want to hear, if I would fall asleep looking at my face!!!

    I don't blog. It means I write comments when I'm truly interested, and have a few free moments. Alas! Much too old to be your niece. Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Liz: But she was right, Crumpets are the one's with the holes. We had a log debate some months back abou Muffins, Crumpets and Pikelets.

    Claudia: You may be able to buy it but be careful as they charge high prices and a lot of this old music is not worth it. I never pay more than £1 for sheet music. More than that it becomes a collectors piece.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Some of the blogs that get loads of readers and comments I don't find in the slightest bit interesting. Some of them I wonder why anyone finds them interesting.

    Love the picture of Wesley.

    ReplyDelete
  16. That is true Cherie. Just a load of twitter.
    Mind you, I'm beginning to think there is more entertainment in the comments on my bits, than there is in the original post! Must pull my socks up!
    WES will sleep anywhere. He is a right old 'Dozy Dick'.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I agree with Cherie most wholeheartedly. I mean, how many fans and congratulations does a blogger deserve for telling us how he/she collected her kids from school and then went home, did a wee-wee and then finished his/her knitting? And here's another thing. Has anyblogger anywhere anytime on any blog read a comment which says (in effect) "your picture/scrapbook/knitting pattern/or whatever . . is crap."?

    Lots of blogs have a lot in common with the sick-making "round robin" letters that deluge our doormats at Christmas time. Why the hell do other people think we care that Grandad needs a catheter and Simonetta has got 24 A level GCSE's even though she's only 6 years old? Would these self-congratulatory prats send out their annual dollops of boring rubbish if they had to write them all out individually by hand?


    (Hmmm . . I maybe just cut my own throat . . )

    ReplyDelete
  18. I think (I don't know) that twitter is worse for that kind of thing.
    I expect they are lonely people and it is not a wholly bad thing that they keep in touch with others.
    What is annoying is that they clutter up searching for 'serious' or 'semi-serious' blogs.
    If you want to see bloggers abusing each other, look no further than the political blogs (Iain Dale etc).

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hmmm the good Doctor causes me to examine my blog with fine tooth comb, which I will do forthwith. However, in support of those bloggers who write rubbish, which probably includes me, I say each to their own. As on television sets, with a switch that says OFF if a viewer chooses not to watch, then bloggers have the right to read or not to read, as the case may be. Now, having said that, I agree that there's a lot of trash written, fortunately I hope I'm strong enough not to read it. I don't have many followers, but I value their constructive comments. Okay, I've calmed down now.

    ReplyDelete
  20. You are most certainly not included in that group Valerie.
    I think he is referring to the ones largely from the States. (Excluding of course those I know). There are some 'popular' blogs in the US with such unbelievable rubbish and trivia....and....they attract dozens of comments and hundreds of followers. A bit like idol worship if you ask me!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Yes . . primarily the US bloggers. But when I pit the point to my son-in-law he pointed out that the vast distances in the States might favour the blog comment as a friendly way of communicating. And I reinforce your view . . Valerie was most certainly not included in my comment.

    ReplyDelete