Saturday, 23 January 2010

To Kiss or not to Kiss

.
.

I ventured out with a boy last night,
Who I thought that I could trust
But as we walked home, he said with a groan,
I must kiss your lips or bust!
I couldn’t think what to say or do
To preserve my maidenly vows -
So I said “Let’s make it the lips tonight
‘Cos I’m wearing a high-necked blouse!”

The picture is from my collection of Victorian sheet music.
The 'music covers' a hundred years ago were very well presented.
The Victorians always seemed to do everything so well, unlike today where everything is governed by economics.
They were, however, not cheap to buy....most are marked up at 2/- or even 2/6d....not a small amount for a Victorian household.

This one however comes from my 'Blue book'.

Every time Lady Lowbodice swoons,
Her boobies pop out like balloons;
But her butler stands by
With hauteur in his eye
And lifts them back in with warm spoons !

.

5 comments:

  1. Good Afternoon Uncle B.,

    Must have bin fun for the butler of "Lady Lowbodice"in those days of warm spoons with the help of a few fingers i might add depending how big the "balloons" were...
    greetings Francien.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I imagine soup ladles would have been the butlers back-up plan :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. OK here is a joke for you about ladies of a certain age.
    A 54 year old woman had a heart attack and was taken to the hospital.

    While on the operating table she had a near death experience. Seeing God she
    asked "Is my time up?"

    God said, "No, you have another 43 years, 2 months and 8 days to live."

    Upon recovery, the woman decided to stay in the hospital and have a face-lift, liposuction, breast implants and a tummy tuck. She even had someone come in and change her hair colour and brighten her teeth! Since she had so much more time to live, she figured she might as well make the most of it.



    After her last operation, she was released from the hospital. While crossing the street on her way home, she was killed by an ambulance.

    Arriving in front of God, she demanded, "I thought you said I had another 43 years?

    Why didn't you pull me from out of the path of the ambulance?"




    God replied:
    "I didn't bloody recognize you."

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank goodness the spoons were warm!

    ReplyDelete
  5. All comments from ladies! ...where are all the fellahs?
    I have to admit that this was an old post which I did about a year ago when I had no readers (or few I did not know about). It seemed a shame to leave them back down in the depths of the blog history.

    Thanks for dropping in and thanks to Kath for the joke. I can see I shall have to start a new joke book for all these ( I have saved the one from Francien as well).
    Thanks all.....Bernard

    ReplyDelete