.
The observant among you may have noticed I write this blurb early in the mornings.
I have always been an early riser.
“The early Bird catches the Worm” was one of my Dad’s sayings, and I have also read that “Every one hours sleep before midnight is worth two after.”
But these are not the reasons for my early rising. I do not like lying in bed in the morning. I prefer to get into the vertical position as soon as possible.
I got used to getting up early when working in London. I used to get on the M40 motorway at 6:15 and drive up to Ruislip Tube Station and catch the first train out.
The motorway was quiet and I was often the only person on the train.
Getting into work early (7:30am) meant I could sign out early and be home by five.
Now, all these years on and retired I still do the same. The cats love being fed at five in the morning and when the clocks change I get up at six and they don’t notice any change. It is light in the summer and always plenty to do, but a bit more challenging during the winter months.
This is where blogging has come to the rescue, and hence all this typing is done over numerous mugs (sorry, down south they are beakers!) of coffee.
.
.
Where I do run into trouble is finding the correct picture or worse digging through drawers of music looking for the tune I had in mind.
I file all the music in date order. There is about five years in each drawer, however the problem arises, like this morning, when you have a subject and can’t for the life of you remember which year it was published.
Perhaps it should all be re-filed in subject order.
Oh well, as once again the ’global warming’ covers the front drive which I only shovelled off yesterday morning, re-filing should keep my fingers warm at least.
And what was that music I was looking for?
I've gone and forgotten now!
On a different subject......I have been reading Foody's blog about the awful difficulty she's having in getting to work and keeping warm.
So as a 'Singing Chicken'.....she might like one of these!
Crafty Ann Duran, took pity on hens left featherless after being rescued from a battery farm.
Chickens lose their feathers after being cooped up in hot sheds at battery farms so she came up with eggs-actly the right answer to keep them warm - hand-knitted tanktops.
Ann told the press,
"The feathers will eventually grow back but until then my jumpers will keep them warm."
Ann, of Neath, South Wales, heard about the featherless birds from friend Dionne Jenkins who saves retired battery hens.
And she roped pals to form the Helping Hands knitting circle - making jumpers for bald chickens across the country.
Just goes to show how kind some people are.
.


I spy clowns, what's the story there then Uncle B?
ReplyDeleteGlad the bald chooks are keeping warm in this fowl weather :@
I feel a song coming on:-
ReplyDelete"Bring on the Clowns...there must always be Clowns".
Now who sang that? Linda Ronstadt?
Can't remember...I have to look these things up.
Yes, Clowns, for organ music at children's do's. I would not put the 'Bell ringers' on the front as they may get broken. Children love to reach out and grab things. These clowns come from charity shops and only cost about £1.
I heard of a woman in Northumberland who was knitting jumpers for chickens.
ReplyDeleteIt's not that difficult really, and the bonus is that it shortens the working day because no way do I set off in the dark to get there for 9.
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
ReplyDeleteHow do you do that? Remove a post?
ReplyDeleteIt makes it look as if I said something rude! Roody, not Foody.
Well your answers are correct, but I don't know what "the village at the top" means. I thought we were in a dip.
Don't know where to find peanut butter???!!!! Never seen it????!!!! Any supermarket will have it by the jams, choc spread etc. I like the crunchy. If you don't lie it, send it to me.
Foody, (**** village name)
or Solicitor with ponies, (**** village name)
would get it here.
Thank heavens you haven't turned 'chicken' and given up.
ReplyDeleteI did worry a bit about saying anything.
There is a small grey 'trash can' or dust-bin to you and I, in the bottom left hand corner under the date.
If you are the blog owner (or I believe the author) you can click on it to delete. Nobody knew it was your comment I deleted until you told them so.
(For Info - Foody made a mistake and asked me to delete it..not rude)
I only said that in case you got it mixed up with the place on the main road (3 roads meet)(crosses river)
(begins with P - nine letters also).
This is sounding like a crossword!
I have never looked for Pnut butter. I thought it was an American thing like cookies and maple syrup.
I bet they don't know you as Foody although I'm sure you are the only solicitor with ponies, and that it (the parcel) would find you. Shall I try it.....it might work.
Did you see Kath's joke about 'fowl' weather! ROFL
ReplyDeleteUncle B, you need an easy database program like Filemaker Pro to do an index of your music. You can search by title, year, author, etc. and reference the drawer where it's stored.
ReplyDeletePeanut butter! You guys don't eat it? At one of our stores, they have grinders so you can scoop in roasted peanuts and make your own pure, crunchy, wonderful stuff. I have it every day on celery. My son has peanut butter and jelly sandwiches. We make peanut butter cookies. Yum.
My chickens don't have sweaters, but I have a little hen right now that needs a hard hat. She got pecked by her stepkids.
I'm sure you're right Jan. A database is needed......the problem is I don't have time to key in hundreds of song titles. I have thought about it.
ReplyDeleteI'm the only guy that knows nothing about peenut butter. Foody at Singing Chicken (see right hand side) did a post on it yesterday. I'm not a 'Man of the World' you see..a bit conservative. People keep talking about cous cous and things like that!
Why not fit the aggressive hens with muzzles as with dogs? LOL
Good evening Uncle B... what a great post today...and they are still out there then?!.. lovely "girls" like Ann and Dionne...bless them...knitting bodywarmers for the hens..how cool is that..
ReplyDeleteso you are a bit of an "early bird"too..
and you never tryed peanetbutter?! i think you did not miss out on much..but you should try it at least ones.. we make a good one over here in Holland some of my "Amifriends"use to think so..(peanutbutter from Calvé) it looks like the Americans eat a pot every day... if you dont like it you can sent it to me...i am known i the village here as "the solicitor without ponies...
Love the clowns...
greetings Francien.
Good evening Francien,
ReplyDeleteI don't usually read all my comments until next morning....but today I am staying up late! I also thought that was great about the chickens. I have several blog-friends here who love our feathered friends. And me..yes I'm an early bird.
I don't know anything about peenut butter...but Jan loves it and Foody (the solicitor with ponies) can't get enough of it apparently and wants me to send her some.
Cheers....Bernard
Wow, and all over peanut butter!
ReplyDeleteAnyway, I'd be sorting that sheet music alphabetically by title, dropping any starting 'A's, 'The's and the like.
Chicken jumpers!!! My family think I'm a crazy knitter anyway, this would definitely confirm it!!!Do feel sorry for the girls though when they moult in Autumn and the nights suddenly get colder.
ReplyDeleteBut Bernard, what fun rifling through your drawers and tripping down memory lane! Nice system there and it looks so organised.
They always say the early bird catches the worm :-)
ReplyDeleteNo I am a little bit worried because I am a night owl :-/
You like Pnut butter as well then Deb?
ReplyDeleteYou may be right about the music. A hell of a lot of work though.
Liz: These are ex-battery farmed chicks...not used to the cold outside I assume. The music is tidy but I'm not sure about organised! I can't find the pieces I want.
Cherie: If you get up late you will have to go without your worms! LOL.
but......being an 'owl' means you get the mice instead!
I suppose that I could live quite well without it. Not a must for me and one jar could last a year or more (if I didn't toss it). It's best when combined with marshmallow fluff to make a sandwich called a fluffernutter. (Diabetics run for cover!)
ReplyDeleteA "Fluffer-nutter" I must get Foody to look into that.
ReplyDelete