.
I'm very busy at the moment removing all this
"Global Warming" from my front steps!
Forgive me. This is a re-blog...but topical perhaps.
.
I found quite a number of musical ditties related to fashion. 'Champagne Charlie' came to mind, as did 'The Man who broke the Bank at Monte Carlo' but after a bit I decided on Fred, mainly because the front sheet was in colour.
I am often told that I have no 'dress sense' whatever, but having never tried on a dress this is hardly surprising!
I'm the sort of person that makes things last until they drop off me or get relegated to 'garden attire'. In fact this little morsel sums me up to a tee.
I never cared for Fashion,
I find a trifle tame
My fellow creatures passion
For looking all the same;
Let those those who please
Be like two peas,
But spare this poor old man,
It pleases me
To look and be
As different as I can.
Especially when Organ Grinding.
And before you enquire......Yes I have appeared in public dressed like this!!!!
PS Can someone tell me how to get those three little pictures of previous posts to appear at the bottom of the page......"You might also like this".
.

I can tell you how to get the related posts, but you can't pick which ones to link to. The gadget that shows the related posts, chooses them according to relevant content and not always accurately. Are you game?
ReplyDeleteGood for you sir B!!..thats the outfit of a proper organ grinder...mayby you like to take a look here :
ReplyDeletehttp://forumimages.seniorennet.be/Hugie2/562-20081116-a164ad.jpp
or here:
http://www.schickler.be/programmas/schickler_draaiorgel.JPG
I think your vest is far more "dashy" if that is the word because of the buttons...
Kath told you already how to do that gadget...its a good thing..i always look at the older posts its showing..
greetings Francien.
oh i am sorry sir B...the links arent working anymore...i tryed to paste the links i found in Google of two streetorganists...so you could see that one of them had a simular outfit...i am sure you are looking great in yours!!
ReplyDeletegreetings Francien.
Thanks for your comment sir B...or shall i adress you as Uncle B in future or is that a privelige only Kath has??..but she wrote that you have many "nieces"...maybe there is room for one more...bet you dont have one as "old"as i am??...as to your question.. i did filled my little tarts with dryed lavender...but your suggestion is great to fill them with spices!!You inspired me to make some more for my little kitchen filled with the spices you mentioned...still learning every day!
ReplyDeletegreetings Francien.
It looks a fitting outfit for Organ Grinding so I would say you were properly attired :-)
ReplyDeleteProperly attired and suitably dashing.
ReplyDeleteHope you've had no more evidence of 'global warming' I hear it's been quite heavy and persistent.
You're a perfectly well-dressed gentleman on your profile photo. And I truly like your Organ Grinder outfit, with all the different medals. I would suggest lending it to your Mr.Brown. But he wouldn't do it justice. It's not the clothes that make the man. It's the man who gives a style to the clothes. Cheers!
ReplyDeleteThanks Kath, I had better think about it. I have hundreds of early post which in the early days I don't think anyone, apart from Foody, ever read.
ReplyDeleteIt does seem a shame as a lot were quite interesting.
Hi Francien,
Thanks for trying. The links I mean.
I do look at quite a few but I don't understand Dutch. The onlt words I know are Edam and Gourda!
I do visit:- www.duodoorgedraaid.nl/
draaiorgel.startkabel.nl/
and
www.draaiorgelverhuur.info/
On this last one is a pretty little organ similar to mine:-
"Klein maar Fijn"
"Uncle B" is fine Francien, anything is better than "Grandfather B"!
Hi Liz, Changed your name to confuse us? Yes, we are knee deep in global warming...see todays post!
Thanks Cherie, glad you approve.
By the way ...I wear no trousers!
(only joking)
Claudia, I'm afraid that is not me on the profile photo. That is a "Photo de plume". I left a comment at Kath's site (Railway Cottage) about a link to the 'real' me.
I'm glad you approve of my 'get-up'
Cheers All.....Uncle B !!!
By the way ...I wear no trousers!
ReplyDeleteYou're not a klit wearer surely Uncle B? That might set a few pulses racing!
No no no, It was just that Cherie didn't fancy the new fashion of girls walking around without their skirts.
ReplyDelete(Actually....I have an old photo of me in a kilt. But I may keep it in its box)
I do like the outfit.
ReplyDeleteYes, the "global warming". Veryy funny. Have you noticed that they are now more inclined to call it "climate change"? Gets them out of explaining why it just stays wet and cold most of the time.
Fooooooody,
ReplyDeleteTen past five! Are you at work or have you got the laptop at home? If you got into the office, you did well. I have posted this before. You may have been on holiday perhaps. After 12 months blogging it's sometimes hard to think of something new.
I think all this climate thing is a con. It's to wean us of our dependency on oil. Sneaky green taxes.
Keep warm......Bernard