“Standing on the corner watching all the girls go by”.
I have just read that ‘so called ‘scientists have found that a simple test can determine a man's intentions when eyeing up a pretty girl. They discovered - wait for it - that the answer is all in the eyes.
Really, no kidding?
.
.
It went on to say that “If his gaze strays regularly from the face to the body, the prospects of anything more than a brief fling are slim.”
In the £60,000 study, which was carried out with Dr Tom Currie of Tokyo University, ten male and female models were asked to pose in their underwear.
Tests were then carried out on the internet with male and female volunteers each looking at images of models from the opposite sex.
They were asked to rate each model's attractiveness both for a long-term relationship and also for a short-term fling.
First they rated separate images of body and face, before finally seeing and rating pictures showing both.
The results…..
“In both sexes, faces were more important than bodies in determining who the volunteers found attractive overall.”
“Scores for facial beauty were a better predictor of the model's overall rating than scores for bodily attractiveness.”
“The one exception to that is that for men when they are rating for short-term relationships, the actual female body attractiveness becomes more important.”
.
.
So for £60,000 we have been informed that ladies gaze into men’s eyes, whilst men have an eye for 'other parts'.
I could have told you that for nothing!
This young lady has her eyes on her own 'other parts'!
.

.

Apparently, when a person is attracted to someone, their pupils dilate.Maybe that's why really "cool" guys where sun glasses, to hide their lustful reactions! :D :-D :Ddefinately looks better without the nose!
ReplyDeleteAnd they spent good money discovering what we all know? No doubt someone will watch an apple fall from the tree for the princely sum of £30,000 only to tell us of gravity's existance next.
ReplyDeleteHi Kath
ReplyDeleteIs that why they wear dark glasses?
I thought it was because they had blood-shot eyes (too much booze) or to hide the bags under their eyes (lack of sleep). I agree the nose is a bit long...but I have a short one somewhere (:o) or (:|) :)
Did you know...if you want to be rude you can do little botties? (.) or big botties ( . )
OMG LOL
Hi CJ,
The papers seem to be full of this kind of thing. I want to know where they get funding from? Who in a time of recession is going to throw money away like this?
Better spent on keeping pensioners warm.
Just think how much money you would have made if you had got in first with that study ;-)
ReplyDeleteI'm reading this over, and over again. And I can't stop laughing. Your illustrations are priceless. Thanks for the post.:)
ReplyDeleteI don't always comment but I read all your posts. Sometimes I get very nostalgic. Other times, I laugh my heart out. You have a very special way of saying things. Thank you. Cheers!
ReplyDelete(.)(.) - is that 2 thin bottoms? I would have guessed otherwise.
ReplyDeleteCherie: Exactly....and no expenses. All profit.
ReplyDeleteClaudia: Thanks, I'm glad to have made someone laugh. I have done nearly 400 posts since starting and there are a lot of amusing bits from months back. I may re-post some of the best again to save people wading back through those out of date.
TopChamp: I like it! Haven't seen that one before. I like to keep 'abreast' of the time rather than lagging 'behind'.