.
A nun who hurried towards Pope Benedict XVI's holiday home after learning that he had suffered a minor accident was stopped by police for speeding at 120mph.
.
.
When stunned officers asked why she was speeding, Sister Tavoletta said:
"I had heard how the Pope had fallen over and I was on my way to make sure he was OK."
The nun was stopped on the way to Pope Benedict's summer holiday chalet at Les Combes. Earlier, the pontiff had slipped in the bathroom and fractured his wrist – the news which caused great consternation at the Salesian convent.
Ok......You guessed.....she was driving.
But at 120 mph , for god's sake! (whooops, sorry).
Sister Tavoletta, aged 56, was at the wheel of the Ford Fiesta, and two other unnamed nuns, aged 65 and 78, were passengers when police pulled them over.
A Ford Fiesta........doing a 120mph? I bet this is a mistake.....more like 120 kph (72mph) perhaps?
A spokesman for Turin's police, said: "Hopefully Sister Tavoletta will be making sure she confesses her bad driving the next she goes to confession. But in the meantime, she will have to pay the Euros 375 fine (£325)."
But Sister Tavoletta, who also lost her driving licence for a month, has not meekly accepted this rebuke, instead, she will appeal against the fine.

That speed does sound rather exaggerated unless they had a very sporty version.
ReplyDeleteIt has to be a mistake Cherie.
ReplyDeleteI went back and checked. There aren't many cars on the road that are capable of 120mph.
By the way... I was looking through all your 'Flicker' photos last night, well, the first four pages, and spotted the Wrekin. Now that brought back days when us lads went off on our bikes for a ride.."Round the Wrekin".
Superb pictures...I shall carry on from page 5 when I have a minute.
Did the article reveal what the ladies hoped to accomplish by hurrying to the site of the accident?
ReplyDeleteNo Jan, it didn't.
ReplyDeleteThey had heard how the Pope had fallen over and we were on their way to make sure he was OK!
By the way, I have started putting links in the blog which should take you to the original article. The words are highlighted in a different colour and if you click on them, it should whisk you off to read or watch a video.
Cheers.....Bernard
Was she hoping to see the Pope in the nude, do you think?
ReplyDeleteWord verification word is "cared"!
Where is that sweet place in the photo with the half timbered cottages?!
Rudey Foody...I like it.
ReplyDeleteYes you're probably right...he fell over in the bathroom!
Sorry, I don't know...I mean I did know,.... but forgot to make a note of it.