Throughout the summer months,there have been a series of Band Concerts in the Memorial Gardens in Amersham Old Town, Buckinghamshire.
Some have been 'Brass Bands' but we have also been entertained by various other groups of instruments, including "Rhythm 'n' Booze" and yesterday afternoon, "The Syndicate New Orleans Four".
.
.
Sunday always seems to be
The day my thought go flying free
And times gone by return to me,
From yesterday.
A Sunday bell’s a timeless knell
That chiming casts a magic spell
And ringing has a tale to tell,
From yesterday.
Sunday is the day I find
That speaks of times I left behind
Yet linger fondly in my mind,
From yesterday.
.
.
The gardens were at there very best and every bed was a mass of colour.
Here we have "The Syndicate New Orleans Four". I know it looks from here as if no-one turned up except for three people behind......but there was a good crowd to the right sitting some way back.
.
.
There was a young bandsman of Dee,
Tried to play, with a girl on his knee,
But the point of the joke,
Is he struck the wrong note…
And the Wedding’s on Thursday at three!
.
.
As there was an euphonium player in this band.......here's a bit of classic Les Dawson.
I was lying in bed the other morning, playing a lament on my euphonium, when the wife said softly, “Joey”….. She calls me Joey because she always wanted a budgie.
She said, “I’m homesick.”
I said ”But precious one, this is your home.”
She said, “I know, and I’m sick of it”

I said ”But precious one, this is your home.”
ReplyDeleteShe said, “I know, and I’m sick of it”
GREAT!
Loved the photographs, what gorgeous gardens.
The gardens look so lovely :-)
ReplyDeleteStunning gardens!
ReplyDeleteHmmm, Dixieland in the UK. Seems a bit odd, lol.
Is everything in your area so lovely? The yards, the parks, the open spaces you show us are so beautiful and peaceful.
ReplyDeleteDear "all above",
ReplyDeleteThank you for dropping in and not only reading my bits but also for your kind comments on my photos.
Mine are way behind the quality of many found on other blogs. But yes.. the area around here is very photogenic..also the summer has not been too hot or dry and this helps to keep everything looking fresh and the grass nice and green.