Tuesday, 11 August 2009

Let's Sleep Anywhere

.
.
Yes, I'm afraid it's another silly song from 1927.

I wonder, I wonder, I wonder,
I wonder how I look when I’m asleep.
I wonder, I wonder, I wonder,
How do I look when I’m in slumber deep?
Oh tell me, oh tell me, oh tell me,
Please tell me do I smile or do I weep?
I should lay down to rest
With a camera on my chest,
And find out how I look when I’m asleep!

But the reason for putting it up was this bit of news I found yesterday:-

A 22 year-old student is being paid £1,000 to sleep in designer beds every day for a month.
The student, from Birmingham, is helping with a "sleep survey" carried out by a company who make luxury beds.
The general manager said this will not only provide an objective view of the beds on sale, but will also be part of a look into what brings a good night's sleep.
He said they advertised the position and were shocked to have 400 applicants in the first day alone, followed by 200 in the second day
He said the 22-year-old will spend 10am to 6pm in beds in the company's showroom in Edgbaston, and then will blog about her experiences.
"On some days she'll be actually sleeping in the window!”


Now.....kittens prefer comfey chairs.....(I took this twelve years ago).
.
.
Cats sleep anywhere, any table, any chair,
Top of piano, window ledge,
In the middle, on the edge,
Open drawers, empty shoe,
Anybody’s lap will do,
Fitted in a cardboard box,
In a cupboard, with your frocks… anywhere!
They don’t care!
Cats sleep anywhere.
.
.
In the greenhouse......in a seed-tray!

.
.
Or better still, how about a nice warm heated seed propagator?
.

5 comments:

  1. Sleeping and blogging - now why don't I get paid for doing that?

    Cute pics :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes...a day for Awwwww.
    You can't fail photographing kittens.
    When they were young I took dozens and they all came out great.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I very much enjoy your "Silly Songs". I don't find them silly at all, lol. I'm afraid that without us, these wonderful things will slip away and be lost. Please continue sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you could drop by RBJD,(Kim?).

    Iv'e been collecting old sheet music for ten/twelve years now. I can play some of it, but mainly, I like to save it from being thrown away. You may also notice that I use the sheet music to arrange tunes to play on my "crank-organ" or "monkey-organ" or here in England...a street-organ. I have so much 'junk' around I may have to start another blog! (only joking... these two take up enough time)

    ReplyDelete