.
Todays sheet music is dated 1922.
So in 87 years nothing much has changed!
.
.
Deb (Harmony Club) said she was feeling 'tired, and gave me the idea here, but I expect it was 'sleepy tired' rather than this.......
"Some get tired of drinking and of eating,
Sweethearts sometimes they get tired of meeting,
Some get so tired of work, night and day,
People even get so weary, too tired to play,
Some get tired of asking someone for a kiss,
Nobody yet got tired of asking this."
Chorus......"I want some Money....etc"
And on the subject of money, I am alarmed that Government departments are spending time and money on preparing to scrap the pound.
Whitehall departments are spending time and taxpayers’ money updating their plans for the switch and each one has a named minister in charge of the process!
Shadow Cabinet Office minister Francis Maude said:
“It now appears that Broon and Mandelsnake have a secret Whitehall agenda to exploit their appalling mismanagement of the public finances and use it as an excuse to join the euro”.
“Time and resources are now being spent on preparing to issue council tax bills and TV licences in the new currency“.
Do they know something we don’t?
You bet your bottom ‘Pound Sterling’ they do.
.
.
Now why have I shown you a couple of quid? ....
Well, if you look closely you will notice that the cross on the Queen's Crown has been removed!
What's all this about then?
Has someone been 'offended'?
This next "non-PC" song dates back to 1902.
The decades of prim Victorian rule and the seemingly never-ending war (sounds familiar) in South Africa made the British public yearn for 'something different'.
Every verse builds into the lyrics, an air of expectancy for the 'good times' that were to come...."Father's going to change his socks and Auntie have a bath" and the sentiments echoed by the chorus clearly predict the splendour of the Edwardian era that was just around the corner.
.
.
.

"Some get so tired of work, night and day,
ReplyDeletePeople even get so weary, too tired to play,"
That's the bit.
Ahhh, have a nice long rest.
ReplyDeleteYou sound as if you have got all 'keyed' up.
Have you had a holiday? Perhaps that's what you need.
Hahahaha!
ReplyDeleteYou are joking, right?
Took two days at once in June. Wore me out driving to and from 'the other Cape'
I dream of white sand, turquoise water, and palm trees. Oh, and you can add a nice cabana boy to serve me drinks!
Only the 'keyed up' bit was a joke!
ReplyDeleteI can see a crown on both coins. In the 2003 one it's a smaller crown and her more "bouffant hairstyle" dwarfs it somewhat.
ReplyDeleteYou must have better eyesight than me!....Well, I know you have better eyesight than me....but I can't see it. I'll have to get a better coin and enlarge it.
ReplyDeleteWell it's either a crown or a very fancy hair-do. You have a look when you have enlarged your coin. Good luck with that.
ReplyDeleteWhat I need is a 'mint' coin without all the chips and dents.
ReplyDelete