.
Sunday at Shabbington turned out to be an excellent day. Not solid blue skies but very pleasant.
I actually don't like 'wall to wall' sunshine, especially out in the middle of a field with no shelter.
I have put a bit about Organs over on Tracker-Bar in addition to these few here.
.
.
There must have been some 30 to 40 of these model engines...I lost count as they went around the arena. Some are half size models, like this one whilst others could be a third or down to a quarter size (3" to 1 foot). I chose this picture out of many I took as my friend and neighbour, John, is enjoying a free ride on the back!
My latest project is building one of these quarter size engines.
Had a good rake round the many stalls, and in addition to some super Oxford Blue cheese, I managed to find yet more old sheet music.
.
.
It's amazing that even though I have hundreds of copies, I can still spot one that I don't have.
It's a visual thing I think...I don't remember the title so much as the picture on the front.




Now as I know a few of you like 'four legged friends', I though you may like these rather than lines of Traction Engines, Farm Tractors and Vintage cars.
.
.
I have no idea about horse breeds....so you'll have to guess.
.
.
.
.
The reason they are all walking away from me.......the sun was on the left!.
.
Little Donkey
When fishes flew and forests walked
And figs grew upon thorn,
Some moment when the moon was blood
Then surely I was born.
With monstrous head and sickening cry
And ears like errant wings,
The devil’s walking parody
Of all four-footed things.
The tattered outlaw of the earth,
Of ancient crooked will;
Starve, scourge, deride me: I am dumb,
I keep my secret still.
Fools! For I also had my hour:
One far fierce hour and sweet:
There was a shout about my ears,
And palms before my feet.
G K Chesterton.
.

It certainly looks like you had a fun day out and the weather sounds perfect for the day :-)
ReplyDeleteThey always are good days out. This year the weather, believe it or not, has been good for rallies. Now last year almost every rally day was wet and many were cancelled.
ReplyDelete