.
As a quick follow on to this mornings post, I thought I would show you the way it was when I built it 12 years ago!
The only way to get it back to this state, is to clear all that growth, and start again.
.

.
Ah, those were the days my friend....
And now for something completely different for no other reason except that I like it!
When he wooed me by the woodshed,
Where we two used to woo;
And he kissed me when he left me;
And he told me to be true.
Then he gave me a Geranium,
And I placed it with me Ferns;
And I’ll water his Geranium,
‘Til my true love returns.
.

That is a beautiful scene I bet you enjoyed sitting out and enjoying that view.
ReplyDeleteLove the verse too.
Cherie, I popped this up because you were being so kind about my poor old garden which is slowly getting to take me over...."The day of the Triffids" seems to be getting nearer!
ReplyDeleteIt was nice to sit then....but now I get no time to sit (and stare).
Your garden today still looks tidier than mine which has been in sad neglect over the last couple of years.
ReplyDeleteI hope a get chance to sort it out in the spring with a little help from my friends :-)
Then he gave me a Geranium,
ReplyDeleteAnd I placed it with me Ferns;
And I’ll water his Geranium,
‘Til my true love returns.
Brilliant! Liked the garden picture too. Don't let the Triffids get a hold.
I just love 'silly' verses. I have never really got into serious poetry, although I do like John Betjemans' work.
ReplyDeleteLovely garden. I'm so fortunate to have my mom's garden to enjoy as I'm not much for caring for one.
ReplyDeleteDeb, it's not like that now...I'm just reminiscing of the way it was 12 years ago.
ReplyDelete